Copyediting* (or "line editing"), developmental editing, and proofing are different services, all of which I can do for you. Rates are decided by the hour, rather than the number of pages. For larger projects, send me a sample, and I'll send you an estimate. For more information on getting an estimate, go here.
Here are some of the kinds of projects you might like me to edit:
- Academic papers
- Essays for admission / statements of purpose
- Magazine articles and pitches
- Creative manuscripts, either fiction or nonfiction
- Website copy
- Promotional materials (press releases, brochures, event write-ups, etc.)
Social Media Management
- Consulting, management, and maintenance of social media profiles (Facebook, twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) for businesses, organizations, bands, and actual people
*The word "copyediting" is a fun example of why copyediting is confusing, and why you might want to pay someone** to do it for you. Some editors say that it's one word; some say that it's two. I defer to Amy Einsohn, author of the most comprehensive and comprehensible guide to copyediting in the world.